Duane Spader Leadership Development Scholarship
Apply now for the 2019-2020 scholarship
Deadline: October 5, 2018
This scholarship was founded to honor the RV industry service of Spader Business Management founder Duane Spader, as well as his leadership philosophy of life-long learning. The recipient of this scholarship receives tuition to attend the Spader Leadership Development Program (a $14,875 value). The recipient is only responsible for travel expenses.
1. Applicant must be employed by an RVDA (U.S.) dealer member.
2. Applicant must be employed at an RV dealership.
3. Applicant must directly apply for the scholarship.
4. Should they be chosen, the applicant must be able to commit to the time and travel required by the program.
Along with a completed application form, submissions must include a 500-1,000 word essay describing why a leadership development program would be beneficial to the applicant, their business and the industry, is required. In addition, two-three letters of recommendation. If selected, the recipient must provide a photo and agree to being publicly recognized by RVDA. Contact Karin Van Duyse, Chief, Mike Molino RV Learning Center by email: kvanduyse@RVDA.org or phone: 703-591-7130, x108 if you have any questions or would like to be added to the Young Executives Group.
About the Spader Leadership Development Program
The Spader Leadership Development Program is an 18 to 24 month program for current and future leaders that involves five three-day sessions. Between sessions, participants are tasked with putting what they’ve learned to work in their dealership and tracking the results of those efforts through assignments and one-on-one sessions with a Spader coach. Participants graduate when they have completed all requirements successfully. David Spader is the lead instructor for this program.
Upon graduating from the program, participants will know how to:
• Lead their organization’s culture and strategy
• Improve their leadership and management effectiveness
• Coach their team to higher performance
• Effectively understand and manage each area of Total Business Success™
• Hire the best candidates for each position
• Deliver world-class customer service
• Assess and improve their dealership’s organizational and financial health
Session 1: January 15 - 17, 2019, Sioux Falls, SD
Session 2: April 9-11, 2019, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Session 3: September 24-26, 2019, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Session 4: December 3-5, 2019 TBD
Session 5: February 25-27, 2020 Sioux Falls, SD
Email Spader Business Management, or dial 1 (800) 772-3377 for details about the leadership development program.