What’s Ahead for the Outdoor Recreation Industry?
A Conversation with the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable’s Jessica Turner
Speaker: Jessica Turner
, Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR)
The Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR) brings together all elements of the outdoor recreation business community to educate policy makers on issues such as access to public lands and better ways to manage visitor services at the federal and state level. In this on-demand session, ORR Executive Director Jessica Turner outlines what’s ahead for the outdoor industry in the coming year following some major legislative victories that will increase funding for public lands infrastructure – including campground modernization.
- The Collective Impact of Outdoor Recreation on GDP
- Implementation of the Great American Outdoor Act
- The Importance of New State Offices of Outdoor Recreation
Wage and Hour Laws – Updates and Implications for Your Business
Speaker: Robin Nigro
and Russ Cole
Wage and Hour Laws have had several notable revisions over the last several years. During this session we will discuss several and provide clarification and examples which will help you remain compliant at your RV dealership. We will summarize the following: overtime laws and basic overtime and examples of states that have more than one category of overtime.
- The difference between federal and state overtime laws and which apply to your business.
- How to calculate overtime under different compensation models and different pay periods (i.e. bi-weekly vs. semi-monthly) helping mitigate costly wage claims and possible class action lawsuits.
The RV Market: A Conversation with Baird’s Craig Kennison
Speaker: Craig Kennison
, Robert W. Baird & Co.
Robert W. Baird & Co. is one of the nation’s leading investment firms covering the RV industry. In this on demand session, Baird’s Senior Lead Analyst Craig Kennison provides his insight into the RV market partly based on his team’s RV dealer survey, which is now conducted monthly in partnership with RVDA.
- Baird’s RV Retail Forecast for 2020 and 2021
- Factors That Will Drive RV Demand in the Short Term
- Why RV Dealers Should Participate in Baird’s Monthly Survey
What You Need to Do that Your CPA Hasn't Told You - Financial Statements for Non-Accounting Execs
Speaker: Steve Blake
, Somerset CPAs and Advisors
Maintaining books and records is a key component to running any business. In this session we will discuss the reasons to maintain books, how to maintain books, and then how to use the books to make your business even more successful. Imagine the cash flow impact if you could get a better interest rate on your floor plan, better terms on your debt, lower taxes, more successful pay plans, and a higher return when you transition out of your dealership. Come listen to how to appropriately record what you are already doing to improve your cash flow.
- Reconcile your books
- Accrue non-cash activity
- Close your books and be confident in their accuracy and completeness
Utilizing Incentive Compensation as an Alignment and Retention Tool
Speaker: Howard Cox
, Somerset CPAs and Advisors
In this session we will introduce a financial model to align the interests of all stakeholders (employees, financing partners, shareholders, etc.). We accomplish this through balancing the need to; 1. generate an incentive pool that is motivating for your identified high performers, 2. create a target return on investment to shareholders and 3. protect the sustainability of the overall enterprise by recognizing the requirement for a strong balance sheet. We also utilize deferred compensation within the overall incentive pool to supplement current cash incentivizes and create the desired "golden handcuffs" to promote key employee retention.
- Create a motivating incentive pool
- Create a target return on investment
- Recognize the requirement for a strong balance sheet
Service Agreements & Reaching New Buyers: An Update from Protective
Speaker: Bill Koster
, Protective Asset Protection
As a flood of new buyers enter the market, they may not be familiar with how service agreements can protect their new motorhome or travel trailer.
- The benefits of service agreements to new buyers
- Trends in service agreement penetration during the pandemic
- How Protective works with its agents to help dealers sell more in the F&I department.
Building a Positive Customer Experience in Your Service Department: Simple Ideas to Enhance Your Customer’s Service Experience and Build Loyalty and Referrals
Speaker: Greg Dewalt
Customer service and satisfaction is not enough to build lasting brand loyalty. Todays’ s customer expects more. We need to expand our ability to provide the best customer experience today’s consumer is looking for. Greg will discuss simple enhancements for your service process to promote and exceed customers’ expectations to provide the ultimate customer experience
- The definition of the customer experience
- The differences from customer care and customer service
- The customer experience elements in the service process
Three Data-Driven Strategies to Grow Sales
Speaker: Jason Krantz
, Strategy Titan
Using data correctly is vital to maximizing the sales potential in a dealership’s market area. In this on demand workshop, new RVDA associate member Jason Krantz of Strategy Titan will explain how dealers can take advantage of data they may already have to increase RV sales as well as discuss new forecasting tools available to the industry.
- Using existing sales data more effectively
- Data tips for inventory management
- New local market forecasting tools
Black Folks Buy RVs Too: Do You Want Black Folks Money or Not?
Speaker: Earl Hunter, Jr.
, Black Folks Camp Too
Black Folks spend 1.3 trillion dollars per year yet RV Dealers have not recognized their spending power. Currently, the push is on to encourage "more" Black Folks to indulge and enjoy the Outdoor Lifestyle. We believe RVing is the easiest barrier to entry, however, there are some key points that have to be addressed before Dealers fully understand the ROI. It is not rocket science, but Dealers must remove fear, educate Black Folks and invite them to RV lots with the same efforts as they do for "other" buyers. Ask yourself....how many media/advertising outlets have you used to invite Black Folks to traditional RV shows? Do you know how most Black Folks feel about financing, and why? We know the answers and we look forward to sharing all.
- Removing fear
- Adding knowledge
- Inviting/welcoming new customers
New Google Ads Targeting Restrictions: What You Need to Know
Speaker: Matt Stoffel
and Betsy Sprenkle
, 9 Clouds
Google will restrict ad targeting capabilities for RV dealers and other industries. While these changes may throw some digital ad campaigns for a loop, dealers can stay ahead of the curve. The presenters will explain what these changes are, why they’re happening, and how dealers can maintain strong results with their Google advertising dollars.
- What restrictions are coming to Google Ads targeting
- Why these changes are happening
- How your dealership should respond to keep getting great results
Navigating Risk in Today’s Business Environment
Speaker: Tom Kline
, Better Vantage Point, LLC with Phil Ingrassia, RVDA
Running a dealership has never been more complicated. New buyers, new hires, and new vendors mean the risk of business and consumer disputes have never been higher. In this on demand session, RVDA President Phil Ingrassia and Tom Kline of RVDA Associate Member Better Vantage Point review some common areas of dealership risk and how an outside perspective can help protect the dealer principal and the business from costly disputes and regulatory violations.
- Successful responses to online reputation issues
- Prevent complaints from becoming lawsuits
- Accessing expert advice for your dealership
- Cash reporting and other compliance issues
Crash! Online RV Damage Repair Estimating
Speaker: Tony Yerman
, TLY Consulting
Whether it’s an accident, storm damage, or vandalism, RVs unfortunately get damaged. In this on demand workshop, RV Learning Center Fixed Operations Consultant Tony Yerman explains some of the factors dealers need to consider when doing damage estimates and repairs.
- Investments needed to get into the damage repair business
- What insurance companies require for estimates and payment
- An overview of the new online damage repair estimator tool
How to Navigate a Full Tsunami of Service Opportunities
Speaker: McKay Allen
and Trevor Allred
With record sales for many of you in 2020, where do you now turn your attention to continue generating revenue? Well, of course, your service department. Come join McKay Allen, VP of Marketing, and Trevor Allred, VP of Business Development to learn how to increase your service-department capacity and revenue - especially as you prepare for a busy fall season.
- Keep customers informed
- Expedite customer-response time, reduce the average service-bay time per customer
- Collect payment more quickly and easily