Ask An RV Rental Agent
With the surge of interest in RV travel, RVRA Chairman Scott Krenek of Krenek RV Center recommends that people who want to take an RV rental vacation book as soon as possible to get their desired dates and the unit that fits their needs. "It's wise to make reservations for both the RV and campgrounds as early as you can," he says.
Prior to renting an RV, RVRA recommends customers ask their rental agent these basic questions:
- Does the rental agency keep regular hours for drop off and pick up?
- For first-time RV renters, does the rental company provide an orientation on the RV systems and components?
- If customers have questions about the RV during the trip, is there a phone number they can call or text for help?
- What are the terms for the security deposit?
- Is the RV that was described online the actual model that will be available at time of pickup?
- Who owns the RV that you're renting and how does the insurance coverage work?
- For RV owners considering renting their unit on their own, RVRA urges them to read and understand the terms of their RV manufacturer's warranty as well as any component part warranties. They should also read and understand the terms of any financing agreement associated with the unit.
Search for a Rental Dealer