The call for workshop proposals is open. We are looking for dynamic speakers
for the 2019 RV Dealers Convention/Expo, November 11–15, at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. This is the premier education event
of the year for North American RV dealers and dealership professionals. The convention is sponsored by RVDA – The National RV Dealers Association, RVDA of Canada,
and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center
The committee uses an online form portal to gather submissions. We suggest you draft your responses 'offline' and then copy
and paste your text into the portal's online form (Chrome is the preferred browser). The committee will review complete submissions
- Contact information
- Bio with enough detail that explains why you're an expert on the topic. Include a list of recent speaking engagements.
- Workshop Title. 50 character limit; subtitles are encouraged. The committee reserves the right to edit for clarity and length. Three workshop sessions may be submitted.
- Session Description. Clearly state what will be covered in a 60-minute workshop. The
committee must have a clear understanding of the intent
of workshop and the target audience. Attendees want sessions that will offer interactive, useful instructional content from dynamic presenters. They do NOT want a lecture and impractical information that cannot be put in place by RV dealers.
- Learning Objectives will be used in the onsite program and must be written to complete the sentence "Participants will learn to." The statements should be brief, clear, and specific. Avoid starting the statements with 'how to.'
- Track. Select the appropriate track for your
workshop. The options are: Fixed Operations, Rental Operations,
Sales, F&I, Social Media/eMarketing, Dealer/GM, and Compliance. Compliance workshops are the morning of Friday, November 15. The committee may decide to feature your workshop in a second track, or move it to a different track entirely.
- DEMO video should demonstrate your ability to present and connect with an audience. While not required, there's a very good chance it will impact whether you receive an invitation. This is especially true of individuals that have not presented recently at RVDA's convention.
- PROMO video will help the committee review your workshop, and if you are selected, it will be used to promote your session. Start the video by introducing yourself, and “I will be presenting at the 2019 RV Dealers Convention.” Identify at least three things attendees will learn (the learning outcomes). Use the 60-90 second video to make it clear to potential workshop attendees what they will learn and why they should attend your workshop.
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the 'HOT TOPICS' identified on this page.
- Gather the submission components identified above.
- Enter and submit your proposal in the online form.
The committee strives to offer a rich and diverse program from a variety experts. With a limited number of timeslots, not all well-qualified and exceptional candidates will be invited to present. In addition to applying to present an educational workshop, Exhibitors may purchase a Vendor Training +Plus session. Vendor Training +Plus sessions offer exhibitors the opportunity to discuss and promote their products or services. The committee planned program is non-promotional/vendor neutral.
March 20: deadline to submit workshop proposals
Late March: committee reviews and rates submissions
May 1: staff begins to notify speakers
Good luck with your submission and thank you for your interest. Please contact RV Learning Center staff if you have any questions.
Karin Van Duyse, Chief, Mike Molino RV Learning Center
Liz Fleming, Education Coordinator, Mike Molino RV Learning Center