RV Learning Center Scholarship Program Aids Deserving RV Industry Employees, Dependents
DOWNLOAD and display a scholarship poster at your dealership
The Mike Molino RV Learning Center’s Scholarship Program encourages deserving college undergraduates majoring in business, finance, economics, engineering, HR, marketing, accounting or other RV industry-related subjects to apply for the $2,500 award. The program offers financial assistance to help foster the NEXT GENERATION of RV INDUSTRY LEADERS. Therefore, an important factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV business after completing college. RVDA members are able to offer this opportunity to dealership personnel, and dependents of their employees, because of their employment in the RV industry.
The Mike Molino RV Learning Center is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic school year!
APPLY today! Deadline to apply is June 28, 2019.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available through the RV Learning Center. Dealers may display them in the workplace to alert employees to the opportunity.
- Submit a fully completed application .
- Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
- Are rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors in a four-year college or university. Qualified applicants have completed their freshman year of college.
- Provide a 500 word essay on their goals and objectives for college and post-college career goals.
- Submit a copy of their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Developed by the U.S. Department of Education, the form is provided at fafsa.ed.gov. If you need help on how to complete a FAFSA form, watch this video.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
- Attend an accredited four-year college or university.
- Are not a dealer principal or member of the dealer principal's family, dependent, or relative.
All materials noted above must be received by the Learning Center no later than the deadline noted on the application.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund Family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores—the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves on The RV Learning Center Board of Directors. The Kindlund Family has fully funded the $270,000 Foundation scholarship endowment.
For more information on the RV Learning Center, go to www.rvlearningcenter.com , send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (703) 591-0734. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.