RV Dealers International Convention/Expo Seeks Workshop Submissions for 2017
Submission Deadline is March 17th, 2017
(Fairfax, VA) – Are you in a position to offer dynamic, stimulating, and relevant training for dealership managers? The training should enable dealership managers to achieve their professional development goals and improve their businesses. RVDA’s Convention/Expo Committee is requesting proposals from instructors for the concurrent ‘track’ education workshops, to be held at the 2017 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, Nov. 6-10 in Las Vegas. The 60-minute sessions are Wednesday, November 8 - Thursday, November 9. Compliance sessions are Friday, November 10.
Themed “Gear Up for Success,” the convention program is being designed to reflect the importance of training and education for all dealership staff positions. Complete details for submissions are on the convention website.
The selection committee welcomes submissions from ‘in-the-trenches’ training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors, and others who support the RV industry. Individuals who can provide high impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance are encouraged to respond.
This is your chance to reach the retail powerhouses of the RV industry. The convention/expo is a focused, well-targeted event aimed at the most influential dealers in the RV industry. RVDA dealership members account for more than 84 percent of the RV sales in the U.S. market and 90 percent in the Canadian market. More than 300 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and other management personnel.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA–The National RV Dealers Association, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center.
Follow these Steps to Submit your Proposal:
- Review the 2017 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee's vision for topics, submission guidelines, and selection criteria.
- Identify topics that (a) would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and (b) can be effectively covered in 60 minutes.
- Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by March 17, 2017.
Notifications will begin the week of April 17. The committee looks forward to receiving your submission. Good luck!
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2017, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
- Cash conversions in F&I
- Advanced topics for the service department
- New ideas and concepts for merchandising the store
- Creating customer loyalty
- Customer service: how to raise the bar by using technology to meet the expectations of today's customers
- Social media, including latest ideas in Internet promotions, advertising, branding, measuring effectiveness, and increasing ROI
- Psychology of customers
- Succession planning with guidance on handing off the reins
- Analysis of market trends with guidance on consolidations and online retailers
- Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting, and leading people
- Targeted leadership and management development for young RV executives
- 2018 compliance update
Direct questions about the call for workshop proposals to Karin Van Duyse (703) 591-7130 ext. 108 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The 2017 convention will offer an expo hall featuring the RV industry’s top companies with products and services to help dealers improve profitability.
Exhibitors will have an opportunity to secure a time to present Vendor Training +Plus workshops Monday and Tuesday. These are proprietary or promotional presentations for product demos and discussion. For more information on Vendor Training +Plus, partnership, sponsorship, and exhibiting, contact Julie Newhouse at (703) 591-7130 ext. 103 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2017 prospectus for exhibitors is available online.